I know, I know, it’s raining. Why would I be thinking about irrigation upgrades?! Well summer is still coming. The irrigation systems will be back on and soon your typical water usage will be back in full swing and your water bill is sure to be higher than ever! Our company exists to fight the status quo, and give you solutions you can use to fight back against high water bills and inefficient irrigation systems!
There are several obvious suggestions, and there are some less obvious recommendations that you may not be aware of. First, there are different categories that have to be discussed:
- The brain= irrigation controllers (time clocks)
- The delivery system= sprinklers, drip lines, valves, lateral and main lines, back flows, etc.
It is highly recommended that we install BOTH of these at the same time, or at least elements of both these categories.
The controller options you have a varied and incredibly diverse. Weathermatic, Rainbird, Irratrol, ET water, Hunter and others have “smart” systems that use internet/micro-climate systems to estimate and regulate water usage based on programmed plant material, soil types, slopes, etc. We install them all! I will recommend another option that has an incredibly smart system of soil sensors that we have seen fantastic results from (40-50% reduction in water use and healthier plant material!).
The delivery systems we recommend depend on plant material, location, slopes, and a few other aspects of consideration. But we can take your typical spray head sprinklers and reduce water usage by simply swapping nozzles with an MP rotator. We may want to change spray sprinklers into drip irrigation and analyze slope areas for possible MP Rotators, or other low water usage rotor sprinklers.
None of this is incredibly productive unless the controller has the ability to shut off the water automatically when there is a broken sprinkler, PVC pipe, or drip line. For that, you will need to ensure there is a master valve and flow sensors.
Good news! There are rebates available!
- Smart irrigation controller rebate: $35 per station!
- For example, if you have 4 controllers with 32 stations per controller: $4,900.00 rebate
- High efficiency sprinkler nozzles: $6 per nozzle!
- If we change 350 sprinklers into MP rotators: $2,100.00 rebate
- Adding flow sensors: $60 per sensor
- Example: if we install 15 flow sensors on your property: $900.00 rebate
- Installing drip irrigation: $.20/sq ft
- If we install 10,000 feet of netafim drip irrigation: $2,000.00 rebate
Total rebate: $9,900.00 rebate
We can prepare and provide a proposal for you considering these available rebates! There are additional rebates available from LaBahn’s Landscaping that we can provide as a thank you for partnering with us as your landscaping maintenance provider!
UgMO technology is a provider of smart controllers, and soil sensors that we have seen dramatic results with. Our solution includes the only underground wireless soil sensor capable of measuring soil moisture, temperature and salinity within each zone of irrigation. The continuous data stream enables UgMO’s intelligent controllers to irrigate precisely based on the requirements of the landscape delivering net savings with no capital purchase. UgMO guarantees net savings beyond all other solutions, with no upfront cost or commitment.
- UgMO continuously measures soil conditions (moisture, temperature and salinity) and monitors irrigation operations for zone-specific reporting and alerting.
- Applied Intelligence – “UgMO Knows” advanced analytics capability learn your landscape and irrigation system, adapting to soil variability while automating dynamic irrigation control.
- Solution-As-A-Service – UgMO provides agronomic expertise, technical support, and comprehensive warranty throughout the service term.
The best part, we work very well with UgMO in a partnership that provides. On several of our properties we have seen a reduction in water usage of 40-50%!
NOW is the best time to think about these things. We can provide solutions that will work for your property/community/budget. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out! We will provide proposals, recommendations, irrigation maps and more!