I went to Walmart yesterday, 30 minutes after I called and they told me they had just received a new delivery of hand sanitize and cleaning products. 30 minutes. Gone. All gone. So here is a recipe you can use at home!
CDC recipe for homemade hand sanitizer:
- 3/4 cup isopropyl alcohol
- 1/4 cup Aloe Vera gel
- 10 drops lemon juice or tea oil (or essential oil of your choice)
- Mix it up, pour into your bottle
- Must be at least 70 percent isopropyl alcohol…
If can find Aloe Vera gel, you should be good!
The County of San Diego Department of Environmental Health has recommended the following for disinfection:
CORONAVIRUS COVID-19 DISINFECTION GUIDANCE
For non-porous surfaces, diluted household bleach solutions and alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol are known to be effective. Use the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) registered product database below. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for proper disinfection and safe handling. Use disinfectants in well-ventilated areas.
For approved disinfectants effective against coronavirus, please visit: https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/listn-disinfectants-use-against-sars-cov-2
If using household chlorine bleach:
- Pre-wash nonporous surfaces (doorknobs, counters, sinks, toilets, etc.).
- Create bleach solution by mixing 1/3 cup bleach into 1-gallon of water.
- Wipe the surface with the bleach solution. Allow proper contact time as directed on product label.
- Rinse with water and let air dry.
Surface to Sanitize Often
- Counters • Doorknobs • Lights Switch Plates • Toilet Room Surfaces • Phones • Computer Keyboard and Mouse • Tables and Chairs • Railings • Remote Controls • Cash Registers • Wheelchairs and Walkers • Recreation Equipment • Highchairs • Kitchen Surfaces • Condiment Bottles
County of San Diego COVID-19 Updates: https://www.coronavirus-sd.com • Additional disinfection guidance from the CDC can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/home/cleaningdisinfection.html