Project Coordinator / Estimator
Excellent. Experience. Everytime. Welcome to LaBahn’s Landscaping, a family-owned and operated design-build-maintain firm serving San Diego County since 1984.
With 30 professional crews working throughout Southern California (and growing!), we provide pro-active, sustainable landscaping solutions to homeowner and condo associations, apartment complexes, hospitals, corporate campuses, industrial facilities, shopping centers, hotels, resorts, and more. Excellent customer care, long-lasting relationships, and daily follow-through are the hallmarks of our commitment to quality and service.
LaBahn’s is one of San Diego’s fastest growing commercial landscape maintenance companies, and we’re currently seeking a Project Coordinator / Estimator to support estimating and project management of commercial landscape development and irrigation projects.
What you’ll do:
- Manage all landscape construction services, including the coordination of all material, people, equipment and subcontractors required to produce quality work.
- Implement and enforce LaBahn’s Landscaping policies and procedures related to proper upkeep and maintenance, storage, use, and training required for company equipment.
- Work with the Construction Foremen and/or Director of Operations to identify staffing needs, hire new crew members, and prepare daily crew schedules.
- Communicate with, hire, onboard, fire, counsel, train, discipline, review, and develop growth plans for employees.
- Coordinate and/or execute estimates and proposals in response to RFP’s and design packages presented to LaBahn’s Landscaping.
- Ensure a safe environment for employees, customers and the general public.
- Manage, train and enforce Safety Standards with team members.
- Participate in company meetings and assist Director of Operations in overall leadership.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with customers, focusing on both the main contact as well as the next level above and below.
- Lead and facilitate or assist in the resolution of customer/project problems or concerns
- Experienced and highly proficient at performing take-offs and pricing for various scopes of work
- Consistently produce accurate and timely evaluation of scopes, pricing, inclusions, exclusions, qualifications, conditions, etc. of subcontractor and vendor quotations
- Demonstrate ability to prepare bid tabulation sheets and coordinate subcontractor solicitation for bidding process
- Develop value engineering opportunities to present to architect or client
- Produce preliminary construction schedule for bid purposes
- Use Estimating data to prepare product submittal packages, foreman’s project folders and Purchasing files
- Receive, evaluate and respond to project change directives
- Compare plan revisions to original plans to help determine cost impacts
- Possess expert communication skills to conduct cohesive client, subcontractor, vendor and supplier interactions
- Gathering, calculating and compiling take off data for use in bid proposal estimates
- Communicate and distribute important information to field teams and Subcontractors
- Source current and accurate prices from suppliers and subcontractors and ensure timely delivery to projects
- Prepare transmittals, RFIs and client letters at the direction of Project Manager
- Ensure that information and resources are available to field teams and that communication between field and office teams supports a great customer experience
- Demonstrate key leadership behaviors in the presence of customers, and other team members every day
- Demonstrate role model behaviors on ethics and integrity
Skills we’re seeking
- Minimum of 2-4 year of construction industry estimating and project management experience for landscape and irrigation projects
- Ability to fluently read and translate scale drawings, architectural and construction plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering, Construction Science, Construction Management or related
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong work ethic
- Effective oral and written communication skill
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Customer service experience
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Proficient with On-Screen Take-Off not required but considered a positive
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical insurance