Established Roots. Innovative Solutions. Welcome to LaBahn’s Landscaping, a family-owned and operated design-build-maintain firm serving San Diego County since 1984.
With 30 professional crews working throughout Southern California (and growing!), we provide pro-active, sustainable landscaping solutions to homeowner and condo associations, apartment complexes, hospitals, corporate campuses, industrial facilities, shopping centers, hotels, resorts, and more. Excellent customer care, long-lasting relationships, and daily follow-through are the hallmarks of our commitment to quality and service.
LaBahn’s is one of San Diego’s fastest growing commercial landscape maintenance companies, and we’re currently seeking a Production Manager (PM) to support the growth. The PM is responsible for managing a group of territory crews who perform commercial landscape maintenance and enhancements. The PM schedules and directs personnel and resources towards providing quality, efficient, and safe services to clients. The PM also supports the Account Manager in estimating and budgeting as needed.
What you’ll do:
- Understand client needs via regular communication with the Account Manager.
- Ensure that job site quality and appearance meet client and LaBahn’s standards.
- Manage all landscape services, including the coordination of all materials, people, equipment and subcontractors required to produce quality work.
- Inspect properties prior to scheduled service in order to properly prepare specific action plan for service. Adjust schedule as needed and follow up.
- Monitor irrigations systems, identify problems or necessary repairs, and communicate recommendations to the appropriate party.
- Monitor all aspects of the landscape and identify insect or disease problems.
- As necessary, perform hands-on work with crews to meet work and scheduling demands.
- Implement and enforce LaBahn’s policies and procedures related to proper upkeep and maintenance, storage, use, and training required for company equipment.
- Work with the Account Manager to identify staffing needs, hire new crew members, and prepare daily crew schedules.
- Ensure proper paperwork is completed for all employee changes and hires.
- Communicate with, counsel, train, discipline, review, and develop growth plans for employees.
- Hands-on training and support of crew members, including proper operation of equipment, pruning techniques, safety, and quality standards.
- Focus on safety and monitor safety records.
- Maintain and manage all required paperwork.
- Order materials as needed and monitor costs and deliveries.
- Request purchase orders and use in accordance with company guidelines.
Skills we’re seeking:
- 2-4 years of prior working experience in the landscaping industry or local marketplace.
- 1-2 years prior experience in a supervisory role.
- 2 or 4 year degree in a landscape-related field or certification by a landscape association preferred.
- Ability to coach and develop teams.
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical insurance
- Company Vehicle
- Company Cell Phone